Senior Infrastructure Engineer, San Francisco, US, 2021-current
- Designed and built stress testing infrastructure to validate network consensus safety and the scaling limits of total user counts and block synchronization (bootstrap) within the Mina blockchain and protocol.
- Successfully identified and triaged two severity 0 (network-halting) bugs as part of internal validation ahead of protocol upgrades.
- Led the automation and rollout of "testnet", "mainnet", and "hard fork" network infrastructures using Terraform, Helm, and Google Kubernetes Engine.
Pompeu Fabra University
Doctoral Researcher, Barcelona, Spain, 2018-2021
- Thesis: "Towards Generalized Blockchain Enabled Cellular Overlays".
- Wrote and taught the smart contract programming curriculum for a new "Blockchain Technologies" course focused on the Ethereum blockchain and Solidity programming language.
- Published research at top ranked journals and conferences including MDPI Journal Sensors (SJR Q1) and IEEE GlobeCom.
Founder, San Francisco, US, 2016-2018
- Hired and managed an outsourced development team consisting of an account manager and three developers located in the United States and India.
- Built an MVP for a receptionist-as-a-service platform, supporting number ordering, dynamic call routing, and voice message transcription.
Systems Engineer II, San Francisco, US, 2014-2017
- Migrated monolith VoIP infrastructure to a service-oriented design, reducing voice carrier costs globally 72%.
- Reduced site delivery time from 12 weeks to 2 by transitioning ISDN cricuits to internet peering using SIP.
Network Engineer, San Francisco, US, 2012-2014
- Principle network deployment engineer; completed network deployment for facilities in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia.
- Global support for Cisco LAN, WAN, Wireless and VPN, Juniper firewall, and F5 Load Balancer systems.
Languages and Tools
- Linux, AWS, GCP, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Engineering Management
- PhD. Blockchain Technologies, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain.
- M.S. Wireless Communications, Barcelona School of Telecommunications Engineering, Barcelona, Spain.
- MBA. Business Administration, Illinois State University, Normal, USA.
- B.S. Electronic Systems Technology, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, USA.